As part of a growing team of devs, you can look forward to building, improving and scaling our services across a multitude of platforms, including:
- Mobile payments app, React Native, enables Merchants around the world to take in-person payments from travellers, with the phone in their pocket.
- Booking and Payments Webapps, Flask + Postgres + React, gives Merchants the tools to take bookings and get paid ahead-of-time, in-person and after-the-fact on any device.
- Payments Core, Python 3 + Postgres + Redis, supports international payments across over a hundred currencies in real-time 24/7 with zero downtime
- The Guide, Django + Postgres + Svelte, our new digital guidebook designed to support hundreds of thousands of businesses and travellers around the world.
At Tab, we’re building a better platform for travel. We’re improving the way travellers discover, plan & book their trips — giving independent business owners the tools to improve their online presence and take bookings direct from travellers. Our payment system helps tourism businesses to save on payment costs, manage and take bookings more flexibly – while spending less time on admin and more time with their customers.
We’re trusted by thousands of tourism businesses around the world, and we've helped hundreds of thousands of travellers to pay in over 100 currencies. We're working on ambitious plans to revolutionise the experience of independent travel – by helping travellers make the most of their precious time abroad, and giving local tourism operators the vital tools they need to run & promote their business. We're primarily based in London, and we're backed by Y Combinator (the investors behind Airbnb, Dropbox and Stripe).
We move fast, so you'll start having a meaningful impact on the business in your first week as we execute our ambitious growth plan. You'll also be encouraged to contribute across all areas – we all help each other out.
We’re looking for developers to join our growing team, who:
- Can contribute across the whole stack and are comfortable using multiple programming langauges and frameworks, applying the right tool to the job at hand
- Can move fast, design with intent, build carefully and test thoroughly, without leaving a burning wreckage in their wake!
- Love to learn: new and old technologies, tried and tested methodologies — and most importantly, from their mistakes
- Work as a team, ask questions and not be afraid to challenge the status quo
- Test first, refactor today, and document for tomorrow, because someone will have to read/improve/refactor/fix it later
- Have at least 12 months experience building webapps in any OO langauge, preferrably familiar with Python, JS, React
What you can expect:
- Work as part of an office-centric, flat-structured, close-knit team — as one of the first 3-5 developers
- Design, build, test and ship real stuff from week-zero. Action feedback from real users in the wild to build the best product, taking pride in what gets shipped.
- Own code across our new and existing projects to build and improve our services for over 60,000 users
- Grow and learn from experienced engineers through mentorship and collaboration, as well as access to books, courses and conferences
- Take part in agile practices, using sprints, standups and pair-programming a core part of our workflow
- Contribute to our evolving development methodology and practices, through weekly candid discussions and trial-by-fire
- Join our office in Central London — we believe we’re more effective as an office-based team
What you will get:
- Very generous stock options in a YC-backed startup
- Choose your own gear (desktop/laptop + screen)
- Annual training budget to spend on training or conferences
- Flexible hours (start early or late, as you prefer)
- Weekly team social lunch, and regular team events
- Competitive salary (based on your level of experience)
Our tech stack:
- Python, Flask, Django, FastAPI
- JS, Svelte, React, ReactNative
- Postgres, Redis
- Heroku, AWS
- Git, GitHub Actions CI, Sentry, LogDNA
- Clubhouse, Slack
Our typical interview process looks like this:
- Initial call - Get to know eachother + some technical questions (~45mins)
- Live debugging exercise + code review (~90mins)
- Non-technical interview (~60mins)